Colour codes

Colour Codes
Yellow - Do it yourself mental health
Green - Facilitating someone else's journey
Blue - Psycho social education and discussions
Purple - Journal/My history
White - Workshops

March 02, 2011

Friends

I've never been to good with friends. Understanding them, that is. What makes a good friendship?


When I was in my first primary school, the person I thought was my best friend was the guy who let me hang around him and didn't know how to tell me to leave him alone. Of course, this is my perception of my past and he may tell a different story. The guy I put up with turned out to be the guy I knew for the longest time - and also the person who helped save my sanity.


In my second primary school, I made a new best friend, who again wasn't really a friend, but rather someone who again didn't know what to do with my attentions. We got on fairly well for a year I think, but then it just proved that neither of us knew what to do with the other. We drifted apart.


High school wasn't too much better. I was a loaner for the best part of my early years. I finally started to get the hang of friends in my tenth year of school when I change to a high school full of people who I had escaped from primary school. Not a good combination. I left that high school confused and hurt.


I knew it was time to leave when I couldn't tell the difference between what I had dreamed and what had happened. Not a good thing.


I went back to the first high school and all the friends I had made in my tenth year were gone (that's what happens when you repeat year 12). I started making better inroads to friendship in this year, but it wasn't ones that lasted.


University was ... more mature? Again, I didn't keep any friends I made from this setting.


So, to me, I guess, friends are people who last beyond the setting you met them in. Otherwise they are companions of convenience you don't mind hanging around. I'll add more to this later I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment